<img src="https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/e63312bb-84bb-4991-b1f8-87632532115b/Peak_Freelance_Logo-24.jpg" alt="https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/e63312bb-84bb-4991-b1f8-87632532115b/Peak_Freelance_Logo-24.jpg" width="40px" /> These guidelines are here to make sure everyone is comfortable and is treated with respect.
Peak Freelance exists to help you make friends, ask questions, and promote good work. It’s not a place to land jobs fast, nor spam other members with requests to refer you for jobs, hire them, or anything else.
- Discrimination of any kind won’t be tolerated. If you see discrimination, hate, abuse, or threats of any kind, please report it to Elise or Mike. We don’t hold back on this. They’ll be out of the group immediately.
- No unsolicited pitches. In other words: don’t ask other members to refer/hire you unless they’ve openly stated they’re looking for someone to refer/hire.
- Please use the right channels. If you want feedback on something, use #feedback. If you have a question, post it in #questions. This keeps Slack organized and makes it easier for people to consume/contribute. Ask if you’re unsure. No cross-posting.
- Don’t use @here and @channel. Moderators will use those from time to time to share updates, but they should not be used to draw attention to your posts.
- Use threads. Help us keep Slack tidy and scannable by responding to a thread (not posting it in the main channel).
- If you’re sharing client-specific content (like results or problems), make sure you’ve got their permission to do so. We don’t want to get you into trouble for sharing things you’re not meant to.
- Don’t share any community content outside of the group. People (including you!) pay money for the content we share in the group. We want to make sure that money gets you exclusive content you can’t find elsewhere. This applies to Slack threads, expert interviews, products, and templates.
⛔ We’ll remove any posts that don’t meet the guidelines. We also reserve the right to remove you from the group if you repeatedly or seriously go against our community guidelines.
Free vs. paid
Certain channels in our Slack community are invite-only. Here's a breakdown.
Open to all
- #announcements: Information on what's happening in the community.
- #expert-interviews: See who's on our expert interview series (note the recordings are behind the membership paywall).
- #general: Chat about anything you want (freelance-related).
- #introductions: Introduce yourself and meet new members.
- #questions: Get answers to your burning questions.
- #watercooler: Chat about anything you want (non-freelance-related).
- #wins: Let the community rally around and celebrate when you've done something you're proud of.
Pro plans ⚡️
Anyone with an All Access Peak Freelance membership gets access to all of those
👈 channels plus...
- #AMA: Twice a month, we host ask-me-anythings with freelancers, content managers, and more.
- #feedback: Need a second pair of eyes on a piece of content? Get it here.
- #jobs: A livestream of the best freelance writing jobs we see (and members share).
- #promote: Get RTs, likes, or shares of your published work by promoting it here.
- #resources: A running list of the tools we use and recommend.
- #quotes: Source (and respond to) quotes from other members for your articles.